Sales Associate Position
Our Sales Associates are passionate about making value added connections with our customers and our products. We accomplish an exceptional customer and brand experience through consistent excellence in character, communication, and work ethic. Our Sales Associates are always honest and always concerned with the customer above themselves. Sales Associates work as members of the store team expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the Store Manager or company leader to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
The below job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work people assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
- Influence customer buying decisions by communicating information about the quality, value and style of our products.
- Utilize available Russell’s Western Wear resources, including store promotions and training, to create sales and build customer relationships.
- Positively and proactively help solve problems for our customers and can balance multiple customers in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Deliver results in their role to contribute to their stores success. Are aware of and accountable to the store and individual goals and results.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by consistently treating all Russell’s Western Wear employees and customers with respect.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and enforce/uphold all company policies and communicates violations to leadership.
- Completes floor replenishment, organization, and merchandising tasks as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and product availability. Maintains store cleanliness standards.
Sales Associate Qualifications:
- Are a person of high integrity and are teachable
- Are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about current fashion/trends. Consistently seeking new fashion and product knowledge to serve as an expert for our customer.
- Have strong communication, listening, and time management skills
- Are confident and can easily build rapport when meeting new people
- Can assess customer needs and enjoy helping people solve problems
- Can be taught how to complete sales transactions with the register
- Enjoy being part of a team environment
- Preferably have previous retail and/or customer service experience
- Have availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings, to meet the needs of the business
- Can safely lift 30 lbs. and can maneuver throughout the sales floor and stockroom
If you are interested in applying for the Sales Associate position, please fill out the online application here, or visit a location to pick up an in-store application and bring it in person to one of our 8 stores.
Russell's Western Wear is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Russell's is a drug-free workplace, all offenders will be denied employment or subject to termination for use of or possession of illegal drugs and/or alcohol.